Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 3600 Duplicate backup set

michadar55
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have two backup exec 3600 appliances. One is Central Administration Server and another is managed backup exec server.

On CASO i can see deduplication storage on managed server. So i can see two dedupe storage.

On CASO i can create backup job and choose another (managed) serwer as destination for backup, but it's not what i want.

I want create job on CASO and add stage "Duplicte to Dedulication Disk Storage" and choose managed dedupe storage as dest.

But i can't!

I get the message "  unable to create backup.jpg

My question is. Why? Why i can't add  stage to duplicate backup set from one dedupe device to another? 

Duplicate from dedupe storage to the same dedupe storage make no sense for me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dalbs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

You'll need to share the deduplication storage on the MMS with the CASO so that the CASO can use it. Whilst on the CASO, you should be able to see the "share" option when selecting the MMS dedupe storage location under the storage tab.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you removed the MMS appliance from the CASO and re-added it again? Wouldn't be the first time that adding an MMS to a CASO has led to some sort of issue (had plenty of these before).

Thanks!

michadar55
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes if i remember i do this. How can i remove this error?

Thanks!

michadar55
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I readed appliance and still have problem when i wan't add stage to duplicate backup job to deduplication storage on MMS.

Full Job on CASO > add stage "Duplicate to Deduplication Disc Storage"> I choose dedupe storage on MMS and i still got error message :(

On CASO i can see dedupe storage from appliance backup1 and from appliance backup2.

On MMS i can see only dedupe storage from MMS (backup2)

dalbs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

You'll need to share the deduplication storage on the MMS with the CASO so that the CASO can use it. Whilst on the CASO, you should be able to see the "share" option when selecting the MMS dedupe storage location under the storage tab.

michadar55
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Thank you! It works!
It was so easy, I'm ashamed :)