cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup agent on windows Cluster

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi,

I have a Windows cluster running MS SQL server. I want to install the backup agent on it in order to take the backup, I am wondering if I will install the agent on each node using the node name or I will install it on the cluster using the cluster name ?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You install the RAWS agent on each cluster node, and there should be a cluster configuration wizard within BE itself that recognises this as a cluster.

once done, you select the virtual node name (ie. cluster name itself) to backup...not the nodes themselves, unless there is data on them not clustered that you need backed up.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You install the RAWS agent on each cluster node, and there should be a cluster configuration wizard within BE itself that recognises this as a cluster.

once done, you select the virtual node name (ie. cluster name itself) to backup...not the nodes themselves, unless there is data on them not clustered that you need backed up.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Verbatim from HOWTO99220

How to back up SQL clusters

You may need to manually add resource containers for SQL clusters before you can back up the databases.

To add resource containers, install the Agent for Windows on the cluster physical nodes. If the resource container for the virtual SQL server is not automatically detected, use the Add Server wizard to add the virtual resource container for the SQL virtual cluster node. When you run the Add Server wizard, uncheck the Upgrade the Agent for Windows option because it is already installed on the physical node. Then, make your backup selections from the virtual resource container that you added.

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Thanks to VJware and Craig