cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec agent

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi,

I upgrade my appliance to 3600.R3 and it was upgraded successfully. I further installed via live update SP1 and hotfix-225092. Now when I upgraded the agent on virtual machine it was upgraded and it changed its colour to blue, but it still has the arrow over it showing that it has some update, version numbr of agent is 14.1.1786.1068. The problem is when it runs the backup job it stay stuck on "Discoverying resources". I have tried taking its backup as physical server and via V-center, in both the cases it had the same problem.

Could you tell me what is wrong ?

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...try removing the agent and reinstalling it.

Otherwise, consider a manual installation of the RAWS agent.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

I un-installed the agent, removed the server from backup exec and then added it again into backup exec, which I guess push the new agent again and this solved the problem !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

...have you restarted the remote server at all? If not, do so and try again.

Thanks!

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi,

offcourse I did it, more than 3 times. And also tried to update the agent again due to the error shown but error doesn't go away !

Regards

CraigV

...try removing the agent and reinstalling it.

Otherwise, consider a manual installation of the RAWS agent.

Thanks!

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi,

Where could I get the installation file for agent for 3600R3 ? I have agent's for 3600R2. Did you mean install the old agent and then again upgrade it ?

Regards

CraigV

...check the TN below, although you already said you'd upgraded the appliance and therefore should have the installation files.

The TN below will help:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO100113

Thanks!

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

I un-installed the agent, removed the server from backup exec and then added it again into backup exec, which I guess push the new agent again and this solved the problem !