cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASO

Sid_help
Level 4
Partner Accredited

My goal is to use optimized/shared deduplication to replicate server backups between my two sites and be able to restore those backups and local backups during a vpn failure or site failure.  If site A is down, I want to recover site A servers to site B.  If site B is down, I want to recover site B servers to site A.

SO I am thinking of caso, but is bidirectional replication is possible for CASO.

In my test environment I tried to share both dedup storage. I am able to replicate from A to B but not from B to A.

When i tried to do it from B to A the shared dedup storage A showing Paused at B site.

SO CASO support bidirectional replication/ duplication.??

Need help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sid_help
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I got solution my replication to both side is successful just made some changes in policies. and run it as soon as the my full job completed. Its successful.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

How are your Data/Catalogs set up in your CASO environment? Replicated, Localised or Centralised on the CASO?

Thanks!

Sid_help
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hii Craig 

while setting CASO i checked Centralised with unlimited or something.

For both side replication which steps needed ?

can you send me the steps??

CraigV

It should be a simple case of putting in a stage to duplicate from the CASO to the MMS's dedupe folder, and then vice versa for the MMS to the CASO.

Is this configured as such?

Thanks!

Sid_help
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hii Craig,

Yes i have created the policy for duplication from CASO to MMS and vice versa. For that I have shared the dedup storage of both the CASO and MMS. I am able to duplicate from CASO to MMS but not from MMS to CASO.

when i run the duplication FROM MMS to CASO it shows that storage is paused.

So is both way duplication/ replication is supported??

For reference I am enclosing snapshots

CraigV

Sid: Check below and see if this is the same, and then I'd recommend contacting Symantec support for assistance:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH196848

Thanks!

Halwa_Wala
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Its probably related to the issue mentioned by CraigV, however you could try changing the Backup Exec server from Backup Exec server pool in the backup options. Try using MMS/ CAS in the Backup Exec server pool and see if that helps. However you will need to log a case with Symantec for further assistance.

Sid_help
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I got solution my replication to both side is successful just made some changes in policies. and run it as soon as the my full job completed. Its successful.