cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 3600 Appliance create a virtual machine?

Backup_Applianc
Level 2
Employee Accredited

How does Symantec compare to Unitrends in regards to restores to virtual machines. By that I mean, in the event of a fallover, I have heard that Unitrends can automatically spin up a virtual machine whereas Backup Exec 3600 cannot do this. Unitrends seem to refer to this functionality as Instant Recovery.

Can anyone elaborate on this please as I am investigating the pros and cons of both.

Any information on this the better!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

BE is able to convert to a VM (BE 2012), but that is it...the VM is restored/created powered off from what I know.

BE also doesn't do what Veeam does for example where it automatically tests the startup of a VM...not sure if this is what you are talking about with Unitrends?

What BE lacks in this functionality, it might be ahead of Unitrends in others, so you need to compare both quite carefully.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

BE is able to convert to a VM (BE 2012), but that is it...the VM is restored/created powered off from what I know.

BE also doesn't do what Veeam does for example where it automatically tests the startup of a VM...not sure if this is what you are talking about with Unitrends?

What BE lacks in this functionality, it might be ahead of Unitrends in others, so you need to compare both quite carefully.

Thanks!