cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Admin Server - Media Slots appear empty

mr_mdoyle
Level 3

Good Morning.

I am currently in the process of setting up and configuring 9 new BE Appliances we recently purchased to replace our current Backup Exec environment.  One of the Appliances has been configured to operate as a Central Admin Server however I am having issues whereby when I attempt to view the media within any of the tape libraries there is nothing displayed (see below).

When I log onto the local Backup Exec appliance I am able to view and confirm that the media is present in each slot.

Having not experienced the CASO environment previously I am unsure if this is typical behaviour - I am assuming that I should be able to view what media in stored within each Slot from the Central Admin Server.

I should add that I have enabled the correct tabs within the 'Library Slot Details' Screen (Media Label, Media Description, Barcodes etc.) and that if I goto the online tape media tab within Storage I can view the media currently online for all the appliances.

Is there a simple tab/option/radio box I need to enable to see this content?

Thanks

Caso1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...moved to the correct location.

For a CASO to manage the devices attached to other media servers, the catalogs need to be centralised on the CASO. Have you done this? Read the TN below for more information on this:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO23395

Thanks!

mr_mdoyle
Level 3

Thanks Craig for moving to correct location.

What is strange is that I am unable to even see the media within the tape library which is connected to the CASO server itself. 

Can somebody confirm that I should be able to view the media within each slot whilst connected to the Central Admin Server?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you drill down to the device, and the catalogs are centralised, then you should have no issues seeing the media. This would allow you to perform restores directly from the CASO.

Thanks!

mr_mdoyle
Level 3

Again Craigs thanks for the advice.

I can confirm that they are all centralised (wanted to double check) but it doesnt appear to be the source of the problem.  It is allowing me to view certain Columns (Slot Number, Used Capacity) but I am unable to see anything which helps identify the tape(s).

I may possibly need to raise a call with Symantec Support - I was just hoping that the issue may have been easily resolved.

Thanks,

caso2.jpg