cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Tape and Barcode problem

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi all,

Backup Exec 2012 (Appliance 3600) has shown me error "the cleaning media CLNU00L1 has expired" when I tried to clean my drive. I oldered nww cleaning tape and got one but it has the same barcode as the old one. So when I replaced the new one from the old one it still complains about the same thing, I tried doing the inventory for the cleaning slot but it didn't help. Is there anyway I can use the same barcode for the new cleaning tape !

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

I clicked on "export expired media now", then I think I deleted it and took out the tape from library, scan it and then I reentered the tape into library and scan it again. It can't as new tape with the same barcode !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you have a dedicated cleaning slot assigned ? If yes, right-click the cleaning slot and check the details/properties as to what number of cleanings are defined.

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

It doesn't say anything about the cleaning but Mounts are 25. I assume it (the old one) has been mounted 25 times, but the new one which I inserted with the same barcode is assumed to be the old one by Backup Exec.

How could I ask it to consider this barcode once again !

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Why do you need to trust this particular label?

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Is it possible by only taking off the stricker it has for barcode ?

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

I clicked on "export expired media now", then I think I deleted it and took out the tape from library, scan it and then I reentered the tape into library and scan it again. It can't as new tape with the same barcode !