cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client-Side/Server-Side Deduplication option is missing

pavlo4455
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the BE 3600 Appliance and I have recently upgraded it to BE2014 (BE 3600 Appliance R3).

I have removed all backup jobs and set it from scratch. The backups are running from a several days. I realized that I did not set client-side deduplication option for a few servers and when I tried to edit the backup job I found that the deduplication option is missing. 

I did not see the deduplication option under:

click Edit Backups -> click on the job that I wanted to edit -> Edit -> Storage

BE2014.png

how to change deduplication option in BackupExec 2014 ?

Is this a bug or this option changed the place ?

Regards,

P

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Gazo
Level 3

I think that multi-server backup jobs are only allowed to use server-side dedupe, so the option is removed.

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

first see that in the properties of the deduplication device see that client side dedup is has status enabled. Then setup a job of just one remote server and again confirm that the option is there in the job when selecting storage.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

im using backup exec 2014 SP1 HF1 everything worked fine but suddenly on old and new job Client/Server Side Deduplication option is missing and i cant configure it anymore , i've checked Storage (its a local deduplication disk) and client-side deduplication is enabled on that dedup-disk.

after some more checking i find out that my deduplication ratio on a 6 TB disk is just 1:1.02!!! but when i calculate backup sets on that disk its stored more than 15 TB on that dedup disk . (i think Interface is showing wrong ratio)

also i upgraded my server to SP2 HF1 but thats not solved any of my problems .

backup exec 2014 SP2 HF1 (Software) - HP DL380 G6 - Local Disk Storage - Windows Server 2012 R2.

thanks

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified