cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedup Backupexec 3600 to HP D2D2504i

Wobbler70
Not applicable

Is it possible t odedup from backupexec 3600 to HP D2D2504i ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you had another server with disk presented from the HP D2D that was running BE, you could invoke the CASO option and use optimized dedupe. This would allow you to duplicate the data from the appliance to the D2D.

It's not possible with 1 server as you can only have 1 dedupe folder present on a media server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

teiva-boy
Level 6

This will work fine.  In fact better than BackupExec's native dedupe.  Set it up as a VTL, CIFS share.  Though not sure if it will work as an OST device.  (I don't see why not)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you had another server with disk presented from the HP D2D that was running BE, you could invoke the CASO option and use optimized dedupe. This would allow you to duplicate the data from the appliance to the D2D.

It's not possible with 1 server as you can only have 1 dedupe folder present on a media server.

Thanks!

dalbs
Level 4
Partner Accredited

You could only use that model of D2D as a basic disk storage location to duplicate to (full fat across LAN) as it's not supported for Backup Exec deduplication disk storage. 

teiva-boy
Level 6

This will work fine.  In fact better than BackupExec's native dedupe.  Set it up as a VTL, CIFS share.  Though not sure if it will work as an OST device.  (I don't see why not)