cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory or File Not Found

WTyndall
Level 3

I have a Backup Exec Appliance running Backup Exec 2014. It is backing up multiple Windows Servers and SQL databases. Everything is being backed up fine except for one server. This particular server is running Windows Server 2008R2 and has SQL 2008R2. I am receiving the following error:

Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

If I restart the Server with the problem, the backup runs fine for the first night, and then fails the next night. It will continue to fail until I restart the Server. I have tried setting up two individual jobs for this server. One job backs up the C:\ and other data, while the second job backs up only SQL instances. They are set so that the first job is finished well before the second runs, so there is no conflict there. The first job always runs fine, but the job for the SQL instances always fails with the above error.

Also, the following error is in the job log as well:

V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all ...

I have read solutions involving shadow copies on the server being backed up, but shadow copies are disabled on the server, so that should not be the problem. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you're using Advanced Open File Option in your backup of SQL turn it off and see if this helps.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

If you're using Advanced Open File Option in your backup of SQL turn it off and see if this helps.

Thanks!

CraigV

Thanks!

WTyndall
Level 3

Ok, thanks for the tip. I have turned off the Advance Open File option. I restarted the server yesterday, so of course it backed up fine last night. We will see if it runs fine again tonight, and I'll let you know tomorrow.

WTyndall
Level 3

So Far, So Good!! It has been running fine for a few days now since I turned off "Advanced Open File." Thanks for the suggestion!