cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in Windows Security Update between CAS and media server (both appliance 3600)

JPoon
Level 4

Hi all,

We all know BE can receive Windows security update via the web UI. Now I have found discrepancy in the "installed updates" tab between the CAS and media server. The media server just has more Windows updates (KBxxxxxx) than the CAS. As they both have auto-check every Sunday, I don't know why this is happening.

After the Patch Tuesday this month, the CAS did show it downloaded 9 updates in the last download session log. Then I scheduled to run the installation a couple of days ago, this morning when I checked it, no new updates were installed in the CAS! Is this normal?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the appliance should download and either install automatically, or manually. If you're seeing no updates, then check and see if they weren't already installed.

Thanks!

JPoon
Level 4

Sorry for missing your reply here.

Well, I just compared the Installed Updates between the 2 appliances: 165 updates (CAS) vs 196 updates (media server). By searching some recent KB, the CAS just doesn't have them. The latest installation on the CAS was on 26/1/2015, while that of media server was on 27/5/2015. The difference is quite big.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...try restarting the appliance and then installing the patches again, and if this doesn't work, then consider opening up a support query with Symantec.

Thanks!