cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Writer Hyper-V

Jonbs
Level 4

Estoy utilizando Backup Exec 2012 Appliance 3600 y tengo el siguiente error, no doy con la solución.

Backup- SRVIRTUALHM01V-79-57344-65233 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV::\\HMADRIDVIRTUAL\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRVDATAHM". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot technology error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status. See the job log for details about the error.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Writer Name: Microsoft Hyper-V, Writer ID: {66841CD4-6DED-4F4B-8F17-FD23F8DDC3DE}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Failed during post-snapshot operation (11).

Tengo varias máquinas virtualizadas en el mismo host y solo me pasa con esta concretamente, las otras hace la copia sin problemas.

He probado a reiniciar el host, reinstalar el agente de symantec, reiniciar servicios....., pero persiste el problema.

Los host de Hyper-v son server 2012 standard y la máquina virtual es server 2008 r2 standard.

Tengo instalada la versión 4 de SP backup exec 2012

Muchas gracias de antemano.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6
6 REPLIES 6

Jonbs
Level 4

I am using Backup Exec 2012 Appliance 3600 and got the following error, I can not find the solution.

Backup- SRVIRTUALHM01V-79-57344-65233 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV::\\HMADRIDVIRTUAL\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRVDATAHM". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot technology error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status. See the job log for details about the error.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Writer Name: Microsoft Hyper-V, Writer ID: {66841CD4-6DED-4F4B-8F17-FD23F8DDC3DE}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Failed during post-snapshot operation (11).

I have several virtualized machines on the same host and only happens with this particular copy make other smoothly.
I tried to restart the host, reinstall the symantec agent, restart services ..... but the problem persists.
The Hyper-v server 2012 standard and are the virtual machine is server 2008 r2 standard.
I have installed version 4 SP backup exec 2012
Thank you very much in advance.

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

check the writers status by opening the cmd prompt and entering vssadmin list writers.

see the following link  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74769

Thanks,

Jonbs
Level 4
I do not have this option

3. Delete the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\{26c409cc-ae86-11d1-b616-00805fc79216}\Subscriptions key
Captura 2.PNG

the writers status

Captura.PNG

lmosla
Level 6

Jonbs
Level 4

I'll try the fourth stage and I tell you, thank you very much for everything,

Jonbs
Level 4

the problem has been gpt disks.

It is not compatible with backup exec support second comment from me, right?