cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT restore to exchange 2007 failing

rbiddle
Level 3

I am able to do a full GRT backup of my Exchange 2007 SP3 (running on Server 2008 x64) and I can also see all of the granular items when creating a restore job.

However, when I run the job from dedupe tape, I get the following:

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource. Final error category: Resource Errors

I have a found a number of articles referencing this error, but none of the fixes have worked so far.

Does anyone have this working that I could compare settings/notes with?

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It's going to stage that backup to disk before doing the restore, and the default is C:\Temp. You need to have as much free disk space as your Information Store is big, so make sure of this or move the temporary staging area.

You don't mention the version of BE, but under BE 2010 it was under Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange.

Then try the restore again.

Thanks!

rbiddle
Level 3

Just to clarify - I am restoring from dedupe DISK.  (I mis-typed in the orignal post).

I am working with support on this and we have tried everything that seems to usually be the culprit.

My tech is now looking through the debug logs.

I will post back once I have an update.

thanks,

Ross