cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I want to upgrade my appliance

charlesgoat
Level 4

Hi, I want to upgrade my appliance 3600 with backup exec 2012 to backup exec 2014 but i have a problem when i create my flash memory with the ISO downloaded on http://fileconnect.symantec.com.

All is normally bay when i use the powershell and connect to the appliance i have a problem. see the picture

8 REPLIES 8

Not applicable

...have you installed all the relevant patches needed in order to do the upgrade?

Thanks!

charlesgoat
Level 4

Yes, of course..

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

did you run the checksum check on the downloaded iso before extracting it? If not do that. Then format the USB and then extract to it again.

charlesgoat
Level 4

Sure, I used the MD5 in the web page and compared the files download on my computer and is the same MD5.

I extract four times in my flash memory 32GB and is the same error when I used ethernet shared.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to re-download ISO image ? if yes, have you tried to upgrade from a network share instead of using an usb drive ?

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

So you have already excluded that it is the USB. Have you tried a new download?

charlesgoat
Level 4

Hi, yes, the website is wrong ISO, technical support helped me with a new link and have a new ISO, I'll try again to upgrade the device. 

Vespidie
Not applicable

What app/utility are you using to extract iso to USB?  I'm unable to extract the iso that I downloaded.  I did confirm the integrity of the iso, but have not tried to download again.