Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am planning to do an upgrade of the appliance

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi BB,

I am planning to do an upgrade of the appliance so i can have it running BE 2014 as i can't do a proper backup of the Server 2012 R2 machines.

Do you think upgarding a 3600 R2 with the downloaded files will accomodate the disk space which is almost less than 20GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Nene,

You can leave all data and files as is as it will all be in place upgraded. Please make sure to follow howto100113 article for the upgrade.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Nene,

The free space you refer to is on C or D ? I assume you mean C so that should be fine for upgrade. You will run it from a USB stick or network drive? In any case it will use free space on the D volume for the tmp upgrade files. When you run the upgrade it will also check first if space needed is ok.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi BB,

Yes the free is is C:\ but what about the Dedup Storage on D:\, do i need to copy out the files before the upgrade? At the moment there is no other disk to store the deduped files.

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Nene,

You can leave all data and files as is as it will all be in place upgraded. Please make sure to follow howto100113 article for the upgrade.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thank you so much BB, i will try to do this when i go to the site.