cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Backup

hhoyos
Level 3

Hi community

I have one appliance 3600 and my old server with Backup Exec 12 , i need transfer some backups from my server to the Appliance, how i can to do that .

Thanks  a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the backups are on tape, you would need to install the tape drive/library on the appliance. You then need to inventory and catalog the tapes on the appliance. After that, you can restore from the tapes or duplicate the tapes to the internal dedup folder. For disk media, connect the disk to the appliance and then do an inventory and catalog of the B2D folder. After this you can restore from these disk media or duplicate them to the internal dedup folder

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the backups are on tape, you would need to install the tape drive/library on the appliance. You then need to inventory and catalog the tapes on the appliance. After that, you can restore from the tapes or duplicate the tapes to the internal dedup folder. For disk media, connect the disk to the appliance and then do an inventory and catalog of the B2D folder. After this you can restore from these disk media or duplicate them to the internal dedup folder

hhoyos
Level 3

Hi Pkh

OK, i will test and i will back  for news..

I've another question, if i need to export the backup from my appliance to another Backup Exec server , how i can find the jobs in the Windows explorer or Backup Exec software

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this would be contained in your BEDB. Stop the BE services and copy the Data folder to the other server...

Thanks!