cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi,

I have been given two serial numbers both starts with M. One is for SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 ESSENTIAL PROTECTION SUITE FOR BE 3600 APPLIANCE BNDL STD LIC ESSENTIAL  and the other is for SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 ESSENTIAL PROTECTION SUITE FOR BE 3600 APPLIANCE I/O ESSENTIAL. I am using Backup Appliance 3600R2. Which one of these two I should use to get upgrade to 2014 ?

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi Thanks !

I emailed them (Symantec) and got the following reply, I could get their point :(

The product description with the LIC listed in it is the license, and the second description is the support. The only one you need to apply is the LIC description serial number and license file to ensure your appliance gets upgraded.

View solution in original post

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

One of them had the license of the product other had license for support !

Both serial numbers take me to the same product, it was just the licenses files which were differnent !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

The link to the *.pdf below outlines the differences...you need to see which options you're going to use, and then apply for that license.

http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/other_resources/b-backup-exec-3600-appliance-FAQ_21...

Thanks!

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hei,

Thanks for your reply ! But the PDF shows two types. 1-Essential Protection Suite  2-Total Protection Suite. 

I have two serial numbers, one for APPLIANCE BNDL STD LIC ESSENTIAL and the other for I/O ESSENTIAL. Which are of them  Total Protection Suite and Essential Protection Suite ??

Regards

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if they don't tell you which license is for which product (and it should be doing so), then contact your reseller.

Alternatively, log onto the Symantec Partner Portal. Input your serial number and it will tell you what the product is.

Thanks!

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi Thanks !

I emailed them (Symantec) and got the following reply, I could get their point :(

The product description with the LIC listed in it is the license, and the second description is the support. The only one you need to apply is the LIC description serial number and license file to ensure your appliance gets upgraded.

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

One of them had the license of the product other had license for support !

Both serial numbers take me to the same product, it was just the licenses files which were differnent !