cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Hard Disk - Customs Duty

joeyharper
Level 3

Hi,

We've received an invoice for customs duty and VAT in relation to a replacement hard disk sent by Symantec. The hard disk was sent from Norway and has incurred £50 worth of charges which we're being invoiced for. Have any other users experienced this? Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

joeyharper
Level 3

An update on this. Our supplier is Symantec as the 3600 R2 appliance covers disk replacement etc. We cannot control where Symantec send the disk from. I raised a case with Symantec to sort out the invoice and they said it was a logistics error, however since then we've had a notice of litigation and contact from a debt collector.

Have raised another case with Symantec but it's disappointing to be spending so much time trying to sort out something that is completely out of our control.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I guess it depends on whether or not you have a supplier in-country. If so, investigate whether or not you can get parts from them.

If a vendor ships parts directly to you (such as an HP/Symantec/Dell etc) and it is being shipped from outside of your country, you're most likely going to pay customs all the time.

Having a supplier in-country should sort this out.

Thanks!

joeyharper
Level 3

An update on this. Our supplier is Symantec as the 3600 R2 appliance covers disk replacement etc. We cannot control where Symantec send the disk from. I raised a case with Symantec to sort out the invoice and they said it was a logistics error, however since then we've had a notice of litigation and contact from a debt collector.

Have raised another case with Symantec but it's disappointing to be spending so much time trying to sort out something that is completely out of our control.