Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install RALUS in Debian 6.x on BE 2012

urbansaint
Level 3
Accredited

Hi experts,

I need your help on this as i can't install the RALUS at all. I've checked the OS is supported under SCL but still i'm getting this error. Please help.TQ

Attached the log for your reference.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you tried to install the RALUS agent manually? Check below and ignore the fact that it is for RHEL...should be the same for Debian:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH46461

Thanks!

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you locate the install log at this path /var/tmp/vxif/installralus/installralus.log and post it here.

It also needs C++ compatibility pack to be installed. Verify that this is installed.

urbansaint
Level 3
Accredited

Hi Guys,

I am installing the agent manually and this is the error it gives. The error log is as attached.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Seems more like an issue with the installer. Could you check the /etc/issue file. See if there is a word "Debian" or "Ubuntu" in that file (without the quotes)

Also, it is better if you attach the complete log file as the above looks to be a section of it.

urbansaint
Level 3
Accredited

Hi Jaydeep,

It says Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 /n /l

urbansaint
Level 3
Accredited

I've logged call to support and it says it was a port 10000 that was used. But after few checkings i did not find this port listening to any service or tie to any application. Me debian is not expert..any help greatly appreciated.