cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see file to restore

TBarstow
Level 3

I am trying to restore a file from Dec 29 2013 tape.  I ran catalog, and can see the data set.  But when I browse for the file I need to restore, I only get to the drive level.  Then it shows "none" for folder side on the screen.  The storage side shows this data set as 271 GB.   I did make sure I have the date range set correctly. It does show an "alert" flag on the folder icon, but doesn't tell me what I need to do. Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are there any errors in the catalog job?

TBarstow
Level 3

I did not see any.  However, the restore browse does have an "alert" type icon on the drive.

lmosla
Level 6

Try running a duplicate job from tape to disk and then attempt to restore from disk location .  refer:http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187265

TBarstow
Level 3

I think it is awful to have to restore a full server (4 hours) to get one little file.  But, OK, I try.  I ran the duplicate to disk and it completed.    But when I go to the restore screen, I do not see the option to restore from the duplicated image.  I see the same thing I saw before.  How do I find the duplicate image on the disk in the restore browser? 

joey_ng
Not applicable

hi ,

this is the same issue as mine. 

i run the catalog and inventory, both was ok and i can see the data set.

but when i restore.. i cant see the data file and it say none.

regards

joey