cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Server - Server Farm 1 appears....

tech001
Level 3

Hello everyone!

This might be an easy question and might be basic stuff but I'd like to confirm what i think i know.

Setup: Symantec 3600 Appliance, VMware 5.1 - Server 2003 R2 (32bit) running Sharepoint 3.0.

So I added my sharepoint server to the list of servers to backup. When the server appears I get another aditional server listed called Server Farm 1. So first question is, 1. Why did this server farm appear when I added my sharepoint server? 2. The stuff listed under the server farm 1 is the same stuff listed under my sharepoint server under Microsoft SharePoint Resources, Do I need to backup both? Can I delete the Server Farm 1 and still fully backup the Sharepoint server?

Thanks for reading!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you add a Server that has a Sharepoint server farm, the farm gets added as a seperate entity in the servers lists. This is where you need to backup the Sharepoint farm and its data from. 'Microsoft SharePoint Resources' would list all the Sharepoint data available on that server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you add a Server that has a Sharepoint server farm, the farm gets added as a seperate entity in the servers lists. This is where you need to backup the Sharepoint farm and its data from. 'Microsoft SharePoint Resources' would list all the Sharepoint data available on that server.