Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup transfered from PR to DR

mnakhan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

hi,

i have two appliances Site1 is PR and site2 DR

i want to take the backup data of PR site is transferred to DR site.

i already do the steps listed below

Before you start make sure you create a DeDuplication account on both boxes. Ideally same username and password. but i have different user/password

1 Be Applicane1 Go to storage and click on configure storage.

2 On the wizard choose disk based storage. And click on Next

3 On the new screen choose Deduplication disk storage. And click on Next.(if this option is greyed out on you appliance that means that the licence file for dedupe is not working) so sort that out before you go any further.

4 Give your storage a name and tell it what account to use. (Use dedupe account that you created earlier)

5 Be Applicane2 Follow the steps 1 to 5 and exactly the same.

6 Be Applicane1 Go to storage and click on configure storage. And click on Next

7 On the wizard choose Networked based storage. And click on Next

8 On the wizard choose Open Storage. And click on Next

9 Give your storage a name and click on Next.

10 On the wizard choose Pure Disk. And click on Next

11 On the next screen enter IP address of "Be Applicane2" and use dedupe account. And click on Next.

You new pure disk store will appear on your storage list.

12 Be Applicane2 Follow the steps 6 to 10 and exactly the same. On step 11.

On the next screen enter IP address of "Be Applicane1" and use dedupe account. And click on Next.

PR Appliance has shown "open storage prlocation" and DR site has  shown "open storge drlocaion"  is this correct?

from PR appliance when i go for backup i only select a "open storge prlocation" and run a backup its replicaion not started 

can some one provide me the step by step confguration how i transfered data from PR to DR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
In order to there the backup set from your primary server to the DR server, you need to add duplicate stage to your job so that after the backup, the backup set would be duplicated to the other side. To duplicate your existing backup sets, go to the Storage tab, right-click on the backup sets and select duplicate, specify the other show as the destination

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
In order to there the backup set from your primary server to the DR server, you need to add duplicate stage to your job so that after the backup, the backup set would be duplicated to the other side. To duplicate your existing backup sets, go to the Storage tab, right-click on the backup sets and select duplicate, specify the other show as the destination