cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Telemetry" fills the drive c:

Andrzej_K
Level 3

Hi, 

I updated my appliance to version 3600.R3. After the update I can see a large amount of log files in the directory "C:\Users\All Users\Symantec\telemetry\". 
My appliance is not connected to the Internet - how to turn off the collection of these data. 

Thanks ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since your appliance is not connected to the Internet, disable the Call Home feature.  See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77254

You can then delete the accumulated logs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

best bet is to open a case with Symantec themselves. The appliance is locked down, and if you delete those files you might end up breaking something along the line.

Thanks!

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

I think there is a HW problem on the appliance and you have not configured call home so it can upload the logs and then purge them, or you have configured call home but have also a connectivey problem. In any way, as Craig said, you need to contact support. Pls let me know the case numnber when done.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since your appliance is not connected to the Internet, disable the Call Home feature.  See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77254

You can then delete the accumulated logs.

Andrzej_K
Level 3

The document fully solve the problem. 

Thanks...

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

By just turning this off and deleting the files you are only dealing with the symptoms of your problem. It is always recommended to use Call Home and i think you have a failure on your appliance that may make it not work any longer in the near future. Please call support so you can have the fault analyzed.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What is the point of implementing Call Home if the alliance is not connected to the Internet, as the user said?