cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vm may be too busy to quiesce to take the snaphot. BE2012

Fergieman
Level 4

Hi

Im running ESXi5.0.0 - last week I ran in a few updates to my hosts and it's now at patch number 914586

on my vm's , within the summary tabs , it said that vmwaretools were now out of date.

I ran in the update to a few test/uat boxes and all seems fine.

However, my backup solution (BE 2012) now fails to back up any of these vm's with the updated vmware tools , saying that the vm may be too busy to quiesce to take the snaphot.

Other vms within my environment that are running now out of date vmware tools are able to be backed up fine.

I can manually capture/create snapshots on the vm running the update version of vmware tools.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled vmware tools and the BE client , but nothing I do can resolve the issue. and followed the KB arcticle that was linked to the error message :

Is this a known issue on the vmware side or BE side ?

Help !

Regards

FM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fergieman
Level 4

i got this resolved.

turns out that when i created a folder in vms and templates and moved my vms into it be all updated at once - it effected the symantec backup location. once I moved them back out of this folder - the be was able to run the machine and capture the snapshit

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Fergieman
Level 4

i got this resolved.

turns out that when i created a folder in vms and templates and moved my vms into it be all updated at once - it effected the symantec backup location. once I moved them back out of this folder - the be was able to run the machine and capture the snapshit