cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xa000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

Tom_Smith
Level 3
We recently replaced our Quantum Valueloader VS160 with another exact same model due to some hardware issues. Ever since we have been unable to successfully complete a Cleaning job. we always receive the error...

"0xa000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found."

I have uninstalled reinstalled the drivers multiple times, tried to import the tape and all the other suggestions I have found but still no luck. Could someone please provide some insight into this problem?
11 REPLIES 11

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Are there any errors in the event viewer?

please check whether the autoloader is "tested" in the list below, if yes then please install latest veritas drivers from the link below:
HCL for Robotic library:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271383

HCL for stand alone drives:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271382

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 - Device Driver Installer (20050115) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20041231) and Robotic Library Release (45) (Intel Only) http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/273853.htm

If not tested then please install latest manufacturers and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Tom_Smith
Level 3
Here is an entry from the event log....

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:34113
Date:1/6/2006
Time:11:35:30 AM
User:N/A
Computer:Server
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "server") (Job: "Clean Drive 0024") Clean Drive 0024 -- The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Media not found.

The Autoloader is listed in the HCL......

Quantum ValueLoader VS160 QUANTUM^ValueLoader Multi LUN Quantum VS160 DLT1 QUANTUM^DLT^VS160 SCSI DLT Tested

I have installed the latest drives several time from the following file.....

File Name: BackupExecTapeDeviceDriverInstall_273853.exe

As I said this setup has been running for over 2 years without this problem, the only thing that changed was the Autoloader was replaced with a new one that is the exact same model. Ever since the cleaning job always fails with the above mentioned error

Tom_Smith
Level 3
So can I assume that there is no resolution to this problem therefore my post will just be ignored?

Paul_Bisset
Level 3
Has anyone else noticed a pattern with the support you receive from these Veritas forums.

Step 1. Direct you to tech net articles you've already read.
Step 2. Tell you to phone & pay for support.
Step 3. Ignore your posts.

Does anyone else know a back up solution that works and provides decent support when it doesnt.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed ignored and would be moved to ignored questions pool.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try deleteing and recreating the device with the help of following steps:

1.Open Backup Exec click on the devices tab Right-click the device that you are using, and click Properties

2.Click the Configuration tab, clear the Enable for Backup Exec checkbox, and click OK. The device will be disabled now.

3. Right-click the device, and click Delete

4. Now Power off the device and shut down the server

5. Next power on the device wait for it to initialize and then reboot the server and recycle the Backup Exec services again.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh

Tom_Smith
Level 3
I have uninstalled and reeinstalled this backup device several times but still receive the error.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you have tried the steps please try doing a reload from base.

Note: All media sets, backup-to-disk folders, and other settings will have to be created or configured again.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254014

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Tom_Smith
Level 3
I dropped the database and loaded from base lost all media sets, jobs, jobs history ect.... Still same results when trying to run a cleaning job??? I have no idea as to how to resolve this problem.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
- Do you see any errors in the System Event logs?
- If Reload from base has not helped this could be a Hardware Issue. Please get your device checked from your Hardware manufacturer once.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

johann75
Not applicable
I have this "Physical Volume Library Media not found" error message on many servers. Not new installs. Servers which are running for months and then this message and the backup is not running. You have to delete the device in BE then in Windows, restart, reinitialize and the it works. But I dont understand why the problem is so common? There should be a workarround....

ReVeR
Level 4
Is the problem ONLY with cleaning jobs? Does backup/restore/catalog/etc works fine?