cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xa0009644 - One or more virtual machines have been excluded from the backup as the the virtual machine uses one or more physical disks

Gurmeet
Level 2
Partner Accredited

0xa0009644 - One or more virtual machines have been excluded from the backup as the the virtual machine uses one or more physical disks

We are using HyperV  Vm -Windows Server 2012 and Windows server 2012 is not support SDR.

How to take backup of Windows server 2012 VM ?
8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can install SP2 on your BE 2012, push out the remote agent to the Server 2012 VM and backup the VM as if it is a physical machine

Gurmeet
Level 2
Partner Accredited

i have already installed SP2 BE 2012 and Remote Agent on Windows Server 2012 VM but SDR is not supported Windows Server 2012.

How to take backup of Windows server 2012 Full VM ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I know that SDR does not support Server 2012.  You still backup the entire VM as if it is a physical machine.  When it comes to a restore, you just have to do a manual restore of the VM and not use SDR.

Gurmeet
Level 2
Partner Accredited

11.jpg

If i have taken the backup of C drive, E drive F drive and System state (Windows Server 2012 VM)

How to restore VM to VM ? if possible

How to restore VM to Physical Mahine ? 

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Restore would still be possible though non 'SDR' way (manually)...The target machine will have to be preferably of the same hardware...then install the same OS & remote agent & then restore. Here is a KB outlining the manual restore process - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH83015&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1288726274344

Gurmeet
Level 2
Partner Accredited

It is possible in window server 2012 ?

This note is related to windows 2003 and windows 2008

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The restore overview process remains the same.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you do a manual restore to a different hardware, virtual or real, then you would inevitably run into the problem of missing/wrong drivers and you would not be able to boot up the restored machine.