Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xc000000e after System Recovery 2013 R2 Restore

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello Support.

I tried to move the System Reserved and OS partition to a larger Hard disk using System Recovery. it works well and i get my Backup Exec media server up and running. I restart twice to ensure all is well.

I shut down and the next day it does not boot. I get "0xc000000e The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible,"

Using the SRD and disk part I discover that the System Reserved has taken up the C:\ and the OS drive has I:\.

I change it by removing letterand assigning letter to the Sys Res and teh OS respectively.

Still the server does not boot.

I restore again and ensure the drive letter C:\ is only assigned to the OS partition just to be sure. The next day the same issue.

I reinstall the OS partition and the server boots.

Now the issue is Do I repair the Backup Exec installtion which is still on another partition. As some Symantec Backup Exec information resides on teh OS parttion. I also have Deduplication on another volume.

I just saw a link to the information below after iIhave reinstalled the OS partition of my backup Exec Media server.

"0xc000000e The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible," occurs after restore of a Windows 2008 / 2008 R2 / Windows 7 with Symantec System Recovery

I'm i doing the right thing by running the Backup Exec install over the existing one?

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As BE is installed on a different partition, try running a repair first. If a repair isn't successful, then a reinstall may be needed.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Vjware,

Thank you. I will give a feedback on the outcome.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

This sounds like the cause is something System Recovery did or did not do and you are now trying to fix Backup Exec. You might want to consider posting the partition assignment issue on the SSR forum and specifically asking 1) How do I avoid it happening and b) If I have recovered and already have this problem how can I fix the drive assignment so that the system does boot correctly and also so that the problem does not return on a reboot.

The SSR forums are here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerly-backup-exec-system-recovery