cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000846b

mrenf
Level 3

We were using Buexec 2010r3 and decided to try 2012 and after the trial we reverted back to 2010r3 once we got back to 2010r3 i had problems backing up my servers.

This is the error i get

Job ended: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 at 2:04:31 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. 
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

I have done the following, uninstaleld and reinstalled the agent manually, pushed the agent from the server, confirmed the agent on my sever is the same as the one on my media server.  i can ping the machine by name/IP.  When i try to telnet on port 10000 i get funky characters.

I even tried to recreate the job but when i do that and i browse my AD structure to add the pc and i see the pc listed but when i click to check the box it hangs and thats it.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...did you restart the server after installing the RAWS agent?

Is the RAWS agent running?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On the remote server, open the remote agent utility & click on the publishing tab. Ensure the media server info is added here. If not, pls do so.

Secondly, add the remote server via user-defined selections. Right-click on the newly added server and choose Establish Trust Relationship. Retry to select the server.

mrenf
Level 3

All servies are running and the buexec server and the server to be backed up has been rebooted multiple times.

mrenf
Level 3

The media server is listed under the publishing tab.  

I also added the server i am backing up to user defined and established trust but still the same thing i click on the check box next to the servers name and it does nothing.