Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000848c error restore 2008 R2 DC

dbuck-uk
Level 2

HI All

I hope someone can possible help.

I'm running Windows Server 2003 32bit with Backup Exec 12.5 SP4 and i'm trying to complete a remote disaster recovery from tape of a DC windows server 2008 r2 64bit, everything goes well to start remote agent installs OK, the two servers connect and the restore starts and seems to complete and asks for the restored server to be rebooted.

I am then given 0xe000848c unable to attach to resource and when i reboot the restored server AD is erroring and not restore completely.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Daniel

6 REPLIES 6

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

This might help you

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/domain-controller-restore

pkh
   VIP    Certified

After you re-loaded the OS of the DC to be restored and before you start using BE to restore it to the state when the last backup was taken, the machine should not be part of the domain.  It should be just a stand-alone machine.  After you restore the C: drive and the system state, it will become the DC.

dbuck-uk
Level 2

Hi Pkh

Yeah thats the setup i have been using its being restored to a fresh build of windows 2008 server not in the domain just a workgroup.  i have completed the process before with a 2003 server no problem its just this 2008 will not play ball

Thanks for the reply

Daniel

dbuck-uk
Level 2

Hi Dev T

I have the DNS suffex in this was required to get the connection at the start without that i couldnt get to the server at all for the restore, i get this error after the job have been running for sometime and seems to finish as it asked for the restored server to be reboot,

Regards

Daniel

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you restoring to a similiar hardware or a different hardware, your problem could be caused by incompatible or unavailable device drivers.

dbuck-uk
Level 2

HI PKH

I'm restoring from a hp DL360 G7 to a HP DL360 G4,

There is a differance in the hardware but i have used this equipment before for other restored. allowing the drivers to merge in the restore has normally worked just fine.

Regards

Daniel