cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-1023 There is an invalid file path

scott_tkit
Level 3

Hi.

Backup Exec 2012 SP2 running on Server 2008R2 guest on ESXi 5.1. Backing up to Deduplication Store. Exchange 2010 (no dag) running on Server 2008R2 on ESXi 5.1. Exchange has 12 databases and 12 Archive databases.

I backup Exchange using an agent backup over LAN not Vmware. I use GRT.

I can do Full GRT backups fine.

I have issues with Incremental backups. I get failures on random databases as follows....

Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.

Backup- \\HOEXMBX01\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox-B
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation. The following error was returned when opening the...

All other databases backup fine. As mentioned the failed database is random, sometimes there are two.

I cannot find a reference to this ANYWHERE. Subsequent incrementals fail on this database due to them not being backup up previously so I have to go a whole week until the next full.

No AV installed on either Server. Exchange Server is Mailbox role only.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Scott

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is Advanced Open File option enabled for the backup job ?

If yes, disable it, run a full backup and observe the set of next incrementals.

If its already disabled, would recommend to log a formal support case so that we can enable debugging to review this issue.

scott_tkit
Level 3

Hi. What do you mean by "Is Advanced Open File option enabled for the backup job"?

Under Advanced Open File Options
I have ticked "Use Snapshot Technology"
Snapshot configuration" is "Automatically select snapshot technology"
"Process logical volumes for backup one at a time is ticked
Enable checkpoint restart is not ticked.

What option do you wish me to change?

Cheers

Scott

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not use AOF when backing up Exchange. Untick the "Use Snapshot Technology" option.