cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10d AOFO problem

Andrewg
Level 3
We are running version 10d and are getting the following errors.
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\***\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\***\E:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: The required module VSPAPI.dll cannot be found. The Advanced Open File Option may not be properly installed. Reinstall this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.
The jobs complete with exceptions. Does this mean that the files that could not be opened were skipped? If yes what does this mean for an exchange mail store?

How can I get rid of this problem?

Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
Typically the VSAPI.dll error is due to a rights issue. The backup exec service account doesnt have right to the Veritas registry keys or the directory. Add the Backup Exec service account to the local admin group on the problem server. Also make sure it has rights to hklm\software\veritas in the registry. This should solve your issue I guess.

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

First thing first....it is not recomended to use AOFO on any databases like Exchange, SQL, oracle...etc.....
Uncheck AOFO from Backup Job for Exchange and see the results.

Marksw
Level 5
Typically the VSAPI.dll error is due to a rights issue. The backup exec service account doesnt have right to the Veritas registry keys or the directory. Add the Backup Exec service account to the local admin group on the problem server. Also make sure it has rights to hklm\software\veritas in the registry. This should solve your issue I guess.

Mark