cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d Mac Agent not backing anything up?

Conrad_Golightl
Level 3
I fancy myself an experienced BackupExec admin, but this is truly boggling my mind. I need to get this working ASAP since the Mac support was the whole reason we've upgraded.

I have just configured the OSX (mac) agent, run the credentials tests, etc.

Steps:

I drill down the tree: \Volumes\DATA\graphics

I check the box next to "graphics" to select graphics and every folder under it.

I execute the backup job.

The backup job runs for a few minutes, then the job ends, the Job Status is shown as "Successful" in the Job History, and "0" is shown as the number of bytes that were backed up.

Any help? :\
6 REPLIES 6

Conrad_Golightl
Level 3
Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this problem...

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
HI Conrad,

In the Job Monitor tab of the GUI, if you double click on the job, and then once the box opens up, click on the Job Log tab (instead of Job History). Do you see any errors in there after clicking on the Expand All button at the top?

Thanks.

Conrad_Golightl
Level 3
After running beremote in debug mode (beremote --log-console, basically,) I discovered that in the list of hardcoded exclusions is /Volumes/*.* /SUBDIR, and the only object in the the entire filesystem that appears to reference the DATA volume is the /Volumes directory.

I have checked the .conf file and verified that the hardcoded /Volumes path shown in the output of debug really is hardcoded (the log message indicates as much, and the /Volumes directory does not appear in the configuration file at all.)

Any suggestions on how to back up a volume that is not the System volume when using the Mac OS X remote agent for Backup Exec 11d?

Jamie_Tatum
Level 4
Hi Conrad,

I am going to take a look at this issue and see if we can track it down. I'll keep you posted.

Jamie_Tatum
Level 4
Conrad, I contacted you off forum. I would expect to see a knowledge base article about this shortly. Anyone else experiencing this issue should check the knowledge base or open a support incident.

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
For reference, the fix for this issue can be found here:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/286938