cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.5 Trying to back up IBM N3600

David_Camburn
Level 3

Hello,

I'm running 12.5 on a windows box.  I want to back up the data on an IBM N3600 SAN running ONTAP 7.xx to a tape library attached to the Windows Server.  I was getting permissions errors so I've set my user account and the host name on the N3600. 

If I run a credentials check within BE I get "Failure: The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems is not installed on the remote computer or is not the correct version' message on the root but the data share is successful.

I tried to run the job but get an "Authentication failed on connection to the server" message.

I did a search in these forums and saw a post that suggested I could back up a NAS running ONTAP because the OS although different would be transparent. But this is obviously a different kettle of fish.

Have I misconfigured something or do I need to buy an additional key?

Thank you.

David

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Disable the NDMP that should take care of the issue. I mean if you have NDMP service running on the NAs try stopping it and perform a backup

David_Camburn
Level 3

Hello,

I don't even know if NDMP is installed. 

I've gone Tools > Options > Job Defaults but there is no entry for NDMP there.  Am I looking in the right place?

Cheers.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You dont need to disable NDMP  in Backup exec but you need to disable NDMP on your SAN.

David_Camburn
Level 3

Ah, okay.

I checked on the SAN - it is pretty adamant that NDMP is disabled.

Should I be better off trying to back up a snapshot of the data?

Thank you for your assistance.

David

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yup you can try that but it would not be a reall solution to the issue .

David_Camburn
Level 3

No, that is true.

Any other ideas for what I could try?

Thank you.