cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Problems with Domino Backup

Nick_Morgan
Level 2
I have Symantec 10d (10.1) Backup Exec Rev. 5629 installed with the Domino Agent.

Problem 1:

Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33976

The item SERVER|D:\Lotus\Domino\Partition\names.nsf in use - skipped

This seems to happen on random servers and the skipped files appear to be all databases on that server. The link reports that this is a known problem and it is not planned to be fixed. This is unacceptable. These are live 24/7 servers that cannot be downed for backup and must be backed up daily. I cannot play Russian Roulette with my backups and if you cannot provide a fix, I will be forced to look for a refund and an alternative product.

Problem 2:

I have had to exlude the Domino directories from the file system backups as the server does not always excude NSF files. This has caused database corruptions and server crashes. I have checked that there are no registry keys added that would disable the auto exclude features of the software. Can you explain why this is happening?

Thanks,

Nick
5 REPLIES 5

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the following technote.

(title)A Lotus Domino backup job fails with "Final Error: 0xe00084b8" and all Lotus Domino Databases are reported as "database.nsf in use - skipped" in the job log.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/277612

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Nick_Morgan
Level 2
Thanks for the reply.

As you will see from my original post... I've already read that technote that offers nothing other than a 'We're not going to fix it'

I was hoping for some explanation as to why it's happening.

As for problem 2, can you offer any advise?

Thanks

Wes_Ford
Level 2
I am having the same issue I can seem to get a steady backup without baby sitting this software and as of late I have no current backup

Final error 0xe00084bf
Final Cat. v-79-57344-33983

Its seems to be somthing about Lotus Notes Domino database.

This is starting to get crazy If anyone has any info to share I'm all ears. Thank You

Jack_Mike
Level 3
I am having the exact same problem! How can Veritas know this is a problem and not release a fix?!

I read a post last week (http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/click.jspa?searchID=283240&messageID=4414745) and this guy had the same problem too. He said he installed Hotfix10 which fixed his problem. I installed it also and at first I thought it fixed it too, then 4 days later the problem came back. What is going on?

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Nick,

0xe00084b8: This issue is identified by both the "Final Error: 0xe00084b8" and by all Lotus Domino Databases being reported as "database.nsf in use - skipped" in the Backup Exec (tm) job log.

NSF files are not database files. We would suggest you to enable Active Exclusion file option by following registry key.

It is a feature that during backup, automatically excludes SQL db files. With this you wont get any "skipped" errors or dual Backup of db files.

Registry Key: you need to enable it to 1

Start-Run-regedit-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-Software-Veritas-Backup Exec-Engine-Misc-EXCLUDE ACTIVE FILES.

Hope this will help you resolve your problem.

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.