Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 R3 - after SP4 cannot restore Exchange Public Folders

digitlman77
Level 5

Starting a new thread for this.

2010 R3 - 13.0 5204 build. 

I just installed SP4 , pushed RAWS to the Exchange server and rebooted it - now it will not restore Exchange 2010 public folder items to the original public folder.  In testing regular GRT mailbox items seems to be fine.

I *can* set up a new public folder, make the BK Exec account Owner, and do an Exchange redirection restore of items to this folder.

However, when doing that, it does not put the original permissions back.  And, if there are too many items, the RAWS agent on the Exchange server crashes.

Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This is obviously what it shouldn't be doing...I'd suggest the following:

1. Check the Known Issues section to see if this is showing up there and vote it up.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/issues

2. Log a call with Symantec around this as it doesn't seem to have been mentioned before on Connect, meaning they might need to do some investigation.

Thanks!

digitlman77
Level 5

Craig,

I appreciate the response, but here's a few issues:

1 - I don't have support with Symantec.  We dropped it years ago because it was expensive, and rarely did we get timely fixes to our issues.   We also are a 100% virtual shop, and Veeam is now handling the backup to disk duty.   BE throws it to tape.

2 - This is another example of fixing one thing and breaking 5 others, something Symantec is famous for.  If you look at my other posts, I felt I had to install the SP due to what might have been a known bug - exlusion data issues.  I felt confident enough to gamble, and I lost.  Thankfully this doesn't appear to be hempering the other GRT items, and I can still kinda get data revovered using the workaround I posted.  And since this will now be "legacy backup" public folder data, if we can't get it back, oh well.

3 - Even if they decided to take this case on, I do not have the amount of time I would need to waste with support while they looked into this.  I have been down this road many times with support, and after hours on the phone and with remote support and log gathering and the like, it still can take a month to get a fix.