cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-528 The current log file is missing

augustine_chua1
Level 2

I was trying to restore an Exchange 2003 mailboxes from tape backup which does not turn out successful. I later tried to duplicate the backup job to the local hard disk hoping to speed up the restore job. The duplication of the backup job successfully completed. Then when i tried to restore from the duplicated backup job from the local hard disk. I was prompted with the error "[SYMANTEC][Backup Exec Catalog Driver] (Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-528 The current log file is missing.')

I am running Backup Exec 2010 R2 and my Exchange Server is running on Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 on Windows Standard 2003 R2 SP2. Any help would very much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187210

Since you are on R2, I would suggest that you upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version and contain a lot of fixes. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP2 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3, push out the remote agent again.

augustine_chua1
Level 2

Thanks pkh. 

The KB that you refer too seem to be more for Backup rather than restore purposes. What i am trying to do is to restore. However, i take the advice on upgrading to R3. I am in the midst of downloading R3 and hopefully it will fix the issue. Will update again here. 

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the restore still fails after upgrade to R3, they may be an issue with the backup itself. Was AOFO enabled in the backup job ? (Ideally, it should not be enabled for Exchange backup)