Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64Bit Agent install Problem

mr_miyagi
Level 3
Partner
Hello Chaps

Sorry if this is a potential repost, however I am finding very, very little on this issue anywhere. 

It's a bit of a show stopper at the moment (I haven't raised it as a case with support as yet, but will do - just looking to cover all the bases)

The situation -

Trying to install (locally using the 64Bit RAWS folder and the Xml folder) on a 64bit 2008 Server. The reason I'm doing a local install is that I cannot see the server using the agent Remote Install wizard (this is not the issue).
The install starts no problem, gets halfway through and then bombs out with the following error -

"Error 1935 - An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'microsoft.vc80.mfc', type = 'win32', version "8.0.50727.762"  public key token = 1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b processor architecture = 'amd64'

the only option is to roll back - this happens everytime I try to install.

This is a Hyper-V host server, hosting 5 VM's  - I've not attemted yet to install the agent within any of the VM environments - only on the Host server as the requirement is only to back up the VM's at the top level (at the moment)

The only info I seem to be able to gather is regarding C++ runtime librarues either being missing or corrupt.

has anyone else had or seen this isssue, and if so do they know if it was addressed or have a fix / workaround?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Mr_Miyagi

...wax on, wax off...
3 REPLIES 3

mr_miyagi
Level 3
Partner
Has no-one experienced this issue as yet? Surely I can't be the only BE 12.5 user that has seen this problem...?

Mr_Miyagi

....Wax on, Wax off....

BarryMc
Level 3
I've got the same problem except i'm upgrading the remote agent from 11d to 12.5.  Can anyone help please?

thanks

BarryMc
Level 3
Fixed it with this.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;946414