cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 months to long

akersrus
Level 3

We purcased Backup Exec 2012 based on what I knew about Symantec/Norton products. Notice I used the past tense (in what I knew). I have been on the phone with Tech support for seven Months now and no stable backup yet. Symantec does not seem to care that they sell this software (not cheaply I might add) and if you have issues, they will spend hours on the phone with you. after all, what else do they have to do. What it comes down to is I have had it. Seven months is to long. And tells a pretty pityfull story about this company. They can't seem to make it work on a SBS 2011 server and they were rude when I asked about a refund. I have reported them to the BBB.org website and I suggest anyone else that is thinking about scraping this $1.000.00 terd do so and report Symantec as I did. As I said, they may have time for this. After all, what else are they doing? People in charge of a computer system and users Usually don't have time. And that is one fact this company can't wrap their heads around

4 REPLIES 4

Jay_Gellman
Level 3

You are not alone

akersrus
Level 3

I didn't figure I was.

Jay_Gellman
Level 3

By any chance do you have quantum hardware? I have 2 sites that quantum hardware and both have major problems with backupexec 2012

akersrus
Level 3

No, Just dealing with a homebuilt server. From what I have learned, it doesn't matter what kind of hardware you have. BE 2012 is just Bloatware that is much more complcated than Backup software needs to be.