cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big problem, I need to reinstall Backup Exec 12.5

hetfield_86
Level 5

Hello everybody

I have Backup Exec 12.5 on Windows Server 2003. For some reason Device & Service doesn't start and others does the same.

I can't start backup exec for that. I try to repair it, but it give an error: V-225-204,-210 and 118.

I'dont know how can I save the SQL database of Backup Exec that contains valious information.

Can I do anything else to preserve that information if desintall and install backup exec again??

Thanks everybody for helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You can restore the database from the BEDB.BAK file that is created every night at 0400 (by default )  The catalog info can  also be rolled into a new installation

See http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62744

How to reinstall Backup Exec on the same server while saving settings, jobs definitions and current catalog information

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You can restore the database from the BEDB.BAK file that is created every night at 0400 (by default )  The catalog info can  also be rolled into a new installation

See http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62744

How to reinstall Backup Exec on the same server while saving settings, jobs definitions and current catalog information

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would not recommend uninstall and reinstall unless absolutely necessary. Instead you may want to fix the issue that you are experiencing. If you can specify the error message when you try starting device and media service, provide dbrecover.log located under logs directory in your BE install location, we can troubleshoot it.

Thanks

hetfield_86
Level 5

Thanks for helping.

I red article Ken and it is good. In one of articles they advice that saving Data and Catalog folders you can save everything just have to restore these folders on new instalation . I did it once I didn't work for me.

Thanks again