cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A communications failure - Final error: 0xe00084f9

CharlesMetal
Level 3

Hello All,

Well, I thought I had this problem solved but apparently there is something else going on.  Previously we have been getting failures on our Exchange server.  It would suceed sometimes but fail most of the time.

So I uncheck the snapshot technology and it seem to do better.  However, it failed again last night with the same error.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34041

------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure what is cause this error.  Has anyone had this problem for a prolonged period of time?  If so, what did you do to correct it?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Charles,

Did the Backup exec remote Agent service on the Exchange server stopped (crashed) while the backups were running??

Or did the Job Engine service on the Media server stopped (crashed) while the backups were running??

You can refer to the Event viewer on both the servers and check the error with which the service terminated. Please provide this error from the Event viewer.

Regards,

-Sush...

CharlesMetal
Level 3

Hello,

The job failed @ 8:42pm last night and I look at the event viewer for that time and there is nothing..no errors at that time.  I went to (Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application)

However, I went to (Custom Views > Administrative Events) and there are some errors there.  One that says

Cmdlet failed. Cmdlet Get-PublicFolderDatabase, parameters {Identity=MailboxDatabase1}.

and this is the same error it is failing on the back up log in Backup Exec

Verify- WATERLOOES
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\Microsoft Information Store\MailboxDatabase1 was skipped because ...
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\E: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\D: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\C: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job....

It seems to be failing at this MailboxDatabase1...like it cannot find something.

Please note:  I'm not real experience in Backup Exec yet but I am learning...so please excuse if I am not making sense.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

CharlesMetal
Level 3

Ok,

I look at the event viewer and there is not a error at the time the job failed.  It failed at 8:42pm last night and there is not a error at that time.

I went to: (Windows Logs > Application) There is not a error for the time it failed.  However I did find some errors under (Custome views > Administrative Events) and found this error:

Cmdlet failed. Cmdlet Get-PublicFolderDatabase, parameters {Identity=MailboxDatabase1}.

This is simular to the error in the BackExec job log.

Verify- WATERLOOES
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\Microsoft Information Store\MailboxDatabase1 was skipped because ...
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\E: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\D: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\C: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\WATERLOOES\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job....

Please Note:  Im not very experienced with BackEx yet but learning...so apologize if I am not making sense.

How can determine which one is having the problem (The backup Engine or Agent)?

Any Ideas??

lmosla
Level 6

Verify that you have the same version of the Exchange Management Tools that are installed on the media server are at the same version as the Exchange server.

Also see the following for making sure Exchange has the correct permissions.  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130255

CharlesMetal
Level 3

I installed the Exchange Managment Tools in the backup server but I went to Help > About and the versions are different....how do I get them the same?

One says (Exchange Server)

The other says (Backup Server)

Any Ideas?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Isn't this a question for Microsoft, rather than this forum?

lmosla
Level 6
Hi, it looks like your Exchange server is running Sp2. See if this link helps: Information with Version: 14.02.0387.000  and pkh is absolutely right,  contact Microsoft for further troubleshooting.

Zhiqiang_Yu
Level 3

Hello all,

We use Symantec Backup Exec 2012.

We get the similar errors of "Backup Exec Job Failed" for the backup job of "backup Exchange Server 2010's data into tapes"

We haven't installed Exchange Management Tool on our Symantec Backup Exec media server.

This "Backup Failed" alert message does not happen every day.

It only show up in a random range of days. The backup job most likely run properly.

Please help give some advices on our situation.

Thanks very much !

Zhiqiang

Please find the information from the failed job's log :

Checkpoint restart cannot be applied to the following resource(s):

\\exchange_DAG_server\Microsoft Information Store\mailbox_DB_01,

\\exchange_DAG_server\Microsoft Information Store\mailbox_DB_02, 

\\exchange_DAG_server\Microsoft Information Store\mailbox_DB_03,

\\exchange_DAG_server\Microsoft Information Store\mailbox_DB_04,

\\exchange_DAG_server\Microsoft Information Store\mailbox_DB_05,

\\exchange_DAG_server\Microsoft Information Store\mailbox_DB_06

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Zhiqiang Yu,

Please open a new forum post so that you issue will be looked upon in details as there is high possibilty that the issue may not be same as the original post and that there will not be many people looking at the old post. 

So if you open a new post then the chances that people will jump to help will be high.

Thanks,

-Sush...