Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A general clarification on reporting

Sriram
Level 6

Hi all,

We are running backup exec 9.

There is a XML file generated by default for each backup which is running for a client.  The XML file will contain all the information regarding the backup which ran. 

My question:

1.  Can we change the file name of that XML file?

2.  Is it possible to disable the XML file generation? If  so how can we do that?

3. Is there a naative backup exec command by which we can get the details like in XML file?

Thanks

Sri.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are talking about the joblogs, i.e. the XML files in the Data directory under the BE installation directory, then the answers would be

1. No.

2. No.  Why would you want to do this? If you do managed to stop the generation of the XML files, how are you going to get the joblog for each backup?

3. When you click on the completed job in the Job Monitor tab, the corresponding XML file for the job will be displayed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are talking about the joblogs, i.e. the XML files in the Data directory under the BE installation directory, then the answers would be

1. No.

2. No.  Why would you want to do this? If you do managed to stop the generation of the XML files, how are you going to get the joblog for each backup?

3. When you click on the completed job in the Job Monitor tab, the corresponding XML file for the job will be displayed.