cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A much richer experience?

Level 2
We believe that this will provide a much richer experience, allowing access to the knowledge and experience of other VERITAS customers as well as to the VERITAS Support Staff.

How about we upgrade our product every six months or so and shift the responsibility of supporting the old products to a forum where issues do not get resolved and our older, faithfull customers fall by the wayside and continue to use our products on their servers that don't work properly.

Give me one good reason why I don't go elsewhere?
6 REPLIES 6

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

As you mentioned correctly that BEforum does help in sharing knowledge and experience of our Global Veritas customers including the Veritas Support engineers.It does help in cases where you have normal issues about the Veritas product and direct close ended queries.Here the cases dont necessarily depend on logs and are usually not so critical cases.A customer can get a direct answer to his query and also take advantage of other workarounds given by so many other Veritas customers.This will create a large database for future reference to our customers.

For the critical cases or where by our customers require quick resolution, the Direct Assist feature is Open to all for a faster solution to all the issues.

http://support.veritas.com/Solutions/directassist.htm

You can also take advantage of our Phone support medium.The resolution provided through this medium is fast and time saving.
The error/problem can be resolved by a one-to-one interaction with the support executive.

You can see a list of support numbers at our support web site:
http://support.veritas.com/prodlist_path_phone.htm

Thus we feel that our customers (you may call them older or newer) have the options, to avail any kind of support, they wish to go for.

Our Goal is to support our valuable customers and resolve their issues through any medium

Hope this answers your query.Feel free to revert back, if you have any issues with the Veritas Backup exec product and we will be glad to assist you.

Level 2
Yes, I do have further questions. Firstly, why is it that if I am an existing customer I find myself being directed straight to these tedious forums for my issue to be resolved and not to the telephone numbers you mentioned? Could it be that you are trying to cut down on your administration by making other people sort your problems out?

Secondly, why have you taken so long to answer my original post, if you have employed these forums to free up your time then why does it take so long for you to get back to me?

I am now using Windows 2003 server in my global corporate and it comes with a very satisfactory backup system, I am presently testing this against your product and am considering the service I get from both Microsoft and yourself.

Thanks

Tim.

David_Woodcock
Level 4
Try PAYING for a support contract.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

We apologize for the delayed response. As BEFORUM is a free support and you come to know many responses for one issue at the same time, it helps in order to resolve the issue much quicker. We do understand that the response to one post may take time as there are many posts to be moderated and we aim in giving the best support possible.

DIRECT ASSIST and TElephone support are paid support that is why you are not routed to those support. If you wish to resolve the issue much quicker and be able to have one to one interaction, we would suggest you to contact our telephone support.

Backup Exec 10.0 has many features which can be used in order to protect you data in any environment.

We would be vey glad to assist you, please post the queries and we assure you that your query will be answered.

If you have any more queries, please freely post them and we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Ben_McBeen
Level 3
I see nothing wrong with how the system is setup right now, other than I cannot converse with support through email. I have a support contract, but my current issue is not vital and I don't feel like sitting on the phone at the moment.

If I cannot get my issues resolved here, I call support next. I don't see the problem you are talking about.

Milin_Desai
Level 4
BackupExec has a million installations+ around the world. If there was free phone support it would be tough to scale support + the costs.

I think these forums are an excellent way to interact with the BE community and learn more about possible problematic scenarios other users face.