cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A network connection to the server could not be established

IA_Alan_Lamb
Level 3

We have two servers in one of our customer sites, the main one that's running backup exec (server 1) backs up fine but the second one (server 2) doesn't work at all.

We've got the agent running on server 2, when I telnet from one to the other on port 10000 I get Ç$☺R\▲}☻♥ as a response, not sure if that means it's working or not, I get the same response if I telnet back from server 2 to server 1.

If I test the credentials it says that they all worked fine but if I try to edit the backup job I get an error saying "A network connection to the server could not be established" and as I say the backup job fails every night.

The latest backup error is.

Job ended: 12 October 2013 at 01:06:17 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed. Final error category: Job Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

Hello IA_Alan_Lamb,

Are you able to push  RAWS from the media server?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check the following

1) on the remote server, check that the remote agent service is running.  Also check the Windows Eventlog for any remote agent service failures.

2) open the remote agent utility and make sure that it is publishing correctly to the media server

3) check that there are no other applications using port 10000.

IA_Alan_Lamb
Level 3

The agent is already on the second server, are you asking me to try installing it again from the main server  as a test?

IA_Alan_Lamb
Level 3

1) Remote agent service is running and nothing in the event log on the remote machine.

2) Server 1 is in the publishing list and is also in the trust tab of the agent on the remote server.

3) Nothing else using/answering on 10000.

Dharamveer
Level 3

If it is BE 2012, then right click and establish trust.