Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADBO - NDMP - Library Expansion Option

net_backup_6_0_
Level 3

Hi,
i have a question.
Why do i need a ADBO ?

When i do NDMP Backups on a Filer (NetApp) and the zoning for the libries are only to the filers, do i need a Library Expansion Option ?

Do anyone have an idea ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

ADBO and LEO are two separate options that do different things - and if you are using the NDMP Option as well for your filer then ADBO does not apply

A LEO gives you the ability to address more than 1 tape drive ain a large library - a media server without a LEO is licensed for any number of drives that are not in a library, but only 1 Drive in a library

ADBO gives you the ability to run Synthetic Backups (sometimes called reverse Incremental Backups by other vendors) and also gives you the ability to run offhost backups with supported 3rd part hardware or other Symantec software in the environment.

With regards whether you need a LEO if you have 2 drives in a library that is attached ddirectly to the filer and managed with the NDMP Option then you might need to talk to our customer care team about licensing - I suspect you do need a LEO but am not 100% sure.

BTW as your username appears to be "net backup 6" related - as you posted in a Backup Exec forum my answer refers to Backup Exec.