cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Problems

Fatih_Teke
Level 3

Hi everybody. I need your help :) I heard Symantec BackupExec cannot do these. is this true?

1. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 cannot backup and restore Standart Turkish character mailboxes  

2. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 will backup Standart Turkish character mailboxe but Restore cannot posible

3. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 and Exchange 2010 SP1 cannot work fine, it must be  Backup Exec 2010 R2 and  Exchange 2010 SP1 but still no restore.

all of them true?

Best Regards.

Fatih

5 REPLIES 5

Fatih_Teke
Level 3

any idea please?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

well I would suggest you to install it in evaluation and test if that is the case , incase if it is an issue . log a case with support so the issue can be adressed. The issue more offent are releated to the environment ..

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Till now this is not recorded as Known issue with Symantec. So as Rahul suggested you can use the product in Evaluation and then test the functionality and if you find the above mentioned issues with the product then Open a case with Symantec so that this issue will be recorded as Known issue and a Fix can be developed for it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Fatih_Teke
Level 3

Hello again,

We already buyed Symantec BackupExec 2010 and we are taking backups to disk now. in backup to disk there is no problem. I found this http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126204

therefore i must to install it 64 bit system.

if i see any problem i will tell to you too :)

Best Regards.

Fatih

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes it a Primary requirement that to backup Exchange 2010 databases Backup Exec must be installed on 64 bit server.

Thanks,

-Sush...