cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied. Please edit the remote credentials and retry the validation.

bbonnie
Level 3

I am trying to update the backup exec 2012 settings on a server. It is a physical server that I can access routinely via remote access and the like. I can sucessfully backup this server as well. When I try to do the update via backup exec configuration tab, (server name, account used either Administrator or asbackupadmin correct, password and domain correct) I immediately receive the "Access Denied. Please edit the remote credentials and retry the validation." error. I have tried every combination of accounts, etc to no avail. What credentials is it look for that have to be satisfied?

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

bbonnie
Level 3

hello CraigV:

I read carefully the article referenced and I believe my problem is different. It would be helpful if I could find out what the software is checking for specifically. I have many other servers in which client updates work perfectly. If I knew what credentials is was checking for I'd know how to start. I have two servers that will not permit updates to the remote backup exec client. Though, I can back them up and the manual RAWS update works. It is not and elegant way to do things.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check the link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/S:TECH124605

Also look at same time for related error in windows application and system log on Media server & Remote server were you are trying to do push install & if there are any post it here.

Thanks