Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied on SharePoint backup

bjorn_b
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I am running a backup of a server where there are some Sharepoint databases present. 

I have NOT selected the sharepoint databases, and the portal is no longer used. This means - I don't need backup of this, but since this is a customer of mine, and I don't know SharePoint very well (i.e. not at all), I only want to get rid of the backup of the portal.

I haven't selected the SharePoint portal, but when I backup the server with the databases (excluding the databases and -files connected to this SharePoint, I still get an exception that the files SHOULD be backed up via the agent for Sharepoint. 

V-79-57344-33925 - Error: Bdc_Service_DB_dd534f694cdb4e639198ff9f15e25943.mdf is a component of a SharePoint server farm. It must be backed up using the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Select it for backup from the Microsoft Server SharePoint Server Farms node.

When I then try to backup the portal - I get this error:

Job ended: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 2:05:07 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0001602 - Access is denied (SharePoint backup).
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5634
I do NOT want to backup this data, how can I force Backup Exec to aggree? :)
5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Either exlcude these resources from the backup selections else run just one backup of the farm using the sharepoint agent.

bjorn_b
Level 6

I though I wrote that I had tried to exclude all these resources. 

And since the Backup of the portal failed, I find your second solution impossible smiley

Marco_Tafur
Level 4
Partner Accredited

You might have to input the credentials, even if you are not going to backup that resource...I had the same problem with an old Exchange server that I didn't want to backup...just SQL.

I put all needed credentials and works

bjorn_b
Level 6

You mean credentials for the Sharepoint Site?

You see....the customer doesn't know that - they didn't acutally know they had a SharePoint site at all - seems to be some left-overs from som earlier tests a former colleague did.

So - the logon account user has Domain Admin rights, but no rights to backup this SharePoint.

I feel stuck :)

Marco_Tafur
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Have you tried to access the embedded database for sharepoint?

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1577/administering-your-windows-internal-database-microsoftsse...

I guess you can modify the security for the database in there. As for the Sharepoint Farm, Domain Admin should be enough to be able to access it.

Hope that helps.