cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied to media server

Gary_Hurst
Level 4
Hi

I access a number of remote media servers from a media console and one now won't let me connect. I get 'Access denied' when I try to attach. I know that I'm using the correct password for the logon account as I've changed it. If I open BE 9.1 from the server itself it allows me access using this same logon account (set as default).

Additionally, when I open a previously created backup job I get the message 'A required privilege is not held by the client'. It still opens the job and lets me make changes. I'm not sure if it's connected with the above problem or not.

Any ideas, anyone ??

Thanks

Gary
2 REPLIES 2

Milouse
Level 4
Employee Accredited
Gary,

Make sure you update your BEWS credentials using the Backup Exec services manager (lower right corner of Admin Console).

If you still get this error, check this:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254239

Remember you must be a member of Domain Admin + local Admin if you're on a member server.

Hope this helps :)

Sam

Gary_Hurst
Level 4
Sam

I think the problem was caused by promoting the server to be a (Windows 2000) domain controller. The issue occurred immediately after doing this.

As this server hasn't yet become live I deinstalled BE 9.1, re-installed and now it's working fine.

Thanks for your help

Gary