cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied on backup System State of DC

ferplast
Level 3
Hi, I've some problem after installing the latest hotfixes (one week ago) of BackupExec 12.5 SP3 for Windows.

This is my situatiuon: the Backup Exec server is member of DOMAIN1; with this server I backup also servers that are member of another domain (DOMAIN2) by adding another User on Logon Account.
Into BackupExec on Logon Account I've set a System account of DOMAIN1 (member of Backup Operators and Domain Admins) and this backup correctly the SystemState of the domain controller of DOMAIN1.
I've another job that backup the SystemState of the domain controller of DOMAIN2, I've set the logon credential of DOMAIN2 that is member of Backup Operatorsand Domain Admins but I receive ths error:

The error that I receive is:
e000fe7d - Access is denied.
To back up or restore System State, administrator privileges are required.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65149

BEFORE LATEST HOTFIXES ALL WORKS FINE ON BOTH SYSTEM STATE BACKUP OF BOTH DOMAIN CONTROLLER (OF DOMAIN1 AND DOMAIN2)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I think that is some bug/problem on the latest hotfixes.
Thanks for any solutions
Nicola

6 REPLIES 6

ferplast
Level 3
Nobody can help me?!?

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Have you updated the remote agent after installing SP3? We need to puch install the remote on all the remote server after any update for Backup Exec.

Hope this helps...

ferplast
Level 3

Yes, all remote agent I updated to latest hotfixes....

ChrisJ
Level 4
 I've a similar problem which seems to be the same symptoms only in a simpler environment:

Single Domain. One DC which was running Backup Exec 11d - backups worked fine.

Second server (non DC) installed and Backup Exec migrated and then upgraded to Backup Exec 12.5.  Remote agent installed onto DC.  Backups of files on the DC work fine, but the system state fails with the error:

e000fe7d - Access is denied.
To back up or restore System State, administrator privileges are required.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65149

The backup account being used is a member of domain admins, backup operators and the domain's administrators group.  The account worked fine when backup exec was on the DC.  I've also tried swapping the backup account for another account which is used elsewhere in the domain for backing up DCs and it doesn't work either.

We are also running Backup Exec 12.2 SP3 Hotfixes 334837, 336087, 327039, 337202.

I've tried reinstalling the remote agent and still no joy - Any advice would be much apprieciated...

Thanks,

Chris

ChrisJ
Level 4
Reading through some of the Symantec  KB articles I had a thought and tested backing up to disk instead of tape - but that makes no difference.  I get the error regardless of whether I backup to tape or disk.

ChrisJ
Level 4
 I've uninstalled SP3 from the server that we were having the problem with and have repushed out the remote agents.  A test backup has shown that we can now backup the system state on our DCs.  Tonight's differential backup will be a better test, but I think SP3 or one of the hotfixes after it is causing this issue.