cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory Recovery Agent

nimrod2501
Level 4

Dear Experts,

We have a backup Exec 2010 R2 with AGENT FOR MSFT ACTIVE DIRECTORY license.

I already added the additional options in the Media Server by adding the license for these feature.

I also pushed install the  Remote Agent to the Active Directory Server using the Installation CD, then remote agent installation.

Is the  Remote Agent is the actual Active Directory recovery Agent? or do I need to install another agent other than Windows Remote Agent?

I got confused because there is no choices which type of remote agent do I want to install. There is something called ADRA.

Because I don't know how will the media server know that its an active directory server if there are no choices which remote agent I can install, also what additional features will active directory license gives..

best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

Every remote agent has the same functionality the only difference is what license you have installed on the Media server.

Same remote agent will backup Exchange DB, SQL DB, AD DB if you have the license key for the same installed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB

Hello 

To backup any Microsoft application (Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, Active Directory) you 

just need to install the remote agent on the remote server and license in the BE console.

BE is smart enough to identify what application is being backed. 

With AD recovery agent GRT restore is possible which allows to even restore a single 

object from the AD database.

nimrod2501
Level 4

Thanks for the reply,

So the ADRA is the same with the Remote agent? 

Once I installed the remote agent, will it automatically have the feature of GRT restore?

The symantec software will detect if its an AD server.

AmolB

Refer to the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO23315

nimrod2501
Level 4

thanks, 

is the Remote desktop the same with ADRA?

The cant get the answer from the manual

AmolB

is the Remote desktop the same with ADRA?

Didn't get your question.

nimrod2501
Level 4

sorry i mean, is the remote agent same as ADRA?

because when push installing the remote agents, you cant choose which type to install. will it be for AD, Exchange or SQL.

AmolB

Hello

Every remote agent has the same functionality the only difference is what license you have installed on the Media server.

Same remote agent will backup Exchange DB, SQL DB, AD DB if you have the license key for the same installed.